Low Carb Turkey Meatballs are more lean than beef or pork, and incredibly moist inside!
Perfect for meal prep, freezing, or just a big family dinner, these baked turkey meatballs are also gluten free and keto-friendly.
This turkey meatball recipe is packed with Parmesan, onion, garlic, and parsley, making them full of flavor! Serve them over zucchini noodles or your favorite salad combo.
How to make turkey meatballs:
- Preheat oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl combine almond flour, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper, then add beaten eggs.
- Stir in parsley, onion and garlic, then add ground turkey.
- Mix together just enough to get everything evenly distributed.
- Use a 1-inch scoop to form the meatballs and try to make them all very similar size. Place evenly spaced on the parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a digital meat thermometer to ensure that they’ve reached an internal temperature of 165F, then allow them to cool.
What do you serve with turkey meatballs?
Our absolute favorite is serving them over zucchini noodles with marinara. If you’re trying to watch the carbs, we’ve found that Rao’s brand marinara sauce is a fantastic option!
To keep it low carb you could simply serve them over a nice healthy salad….
Or, if you are a fan of spaghetti squash (slightly higher carbs) then you could simply pair them together, garnish with some grated Parmesan and chopped parsley, and call it “dinner.”
Freezing turkey meatballs
After cooking the meatballs, allow them to cool completely before freezing them. Transfer to resealable plastic storage bag (don’t forget to label it!) and they can freeze for 1 to 3 months.
When you’re ready to eat them, we like to move them to the fridge a day before you want to eat them so they can thaw slowly. And then you can either heat them in a skillet on the stovetop in some marinara, or put them in a 350F oven for about 10 minutes.
Easy to make, moist, flavorful, and better for you! These turkey meatballs are made with just a few ingredients and no breadcrumbs! Low carb, gluten-free, and ready in 30 minutes!
Low Carb Turkey Meatballs
Low Carb Turkey Meatballs are more lean than beef or pork, and incredibly moist inside! Perfect for
meal prep, freezing, or just a big family dinner, these baked turkey meatballs are also gluten free and keto-friendly.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons salt and pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup finely chopped parsley
- 8 large size garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds 93% lean ground turkey (Any lower fat % may result in dry meatballs!)
- Preheat oven to 400F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add almond flour, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper to a large mixing bowl and stir together.
- Beat the eggs and stir them into the bowl.
- Stir in parsley, onion and garlic.
- Then add ground turkey, and mix together just enough to evenly distribute all ingredients.
- Use a 1 1/2-inch scoop to form the meatballs evenly. Space them evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm as part of your entree.
- To freeze, allow the meatballs to cool completely. Then freeze in one large freezer bag or divide into portions in smaller freezer bags.
Nutrition InformationYield 45 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 67Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 30mgSodium 94mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 7g
This nutrition card uses an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. This estimate is not a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice!
Our latest low carb meal prep recipes…
- Low Carb Turkey Meatballs
- Low Carb Salmon Patties
- Low Carb Mini Salmon Cakes (Gluten Free)
- 12 Amazing Keto Soup Recipes! (Low Carb)
- Low Carb Chicken Fajitas (Slow Cooker)