These Salmon Patties are just so delicious! With fresh salmon, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, fresh parsley, egg, almond meal (or bread crumbs if you prefer).
Gluten-free, low-carb, keto-friendly, packed with flavor, and full of all kinds of healthiness. Plus, they’re great for freezing, and perfect for meal prep!
How to make salmon patties:
- Bake a fresh salmon filet then let it cool completely on the kitchen counter.
- While that’s baking finely chop half an onion and saute it until soft and translucent.
- Chop up your parsley.
- Discard any excess liquid from the fish, then slide it into a large mixing bowl.
- Flake the salmon into small pieces with a fork, add almond meal, chopped parsley, Dijon, eggs, fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper, then mix really well.
- Using a 1/3 cup dry measuring cup, scoop a well packed scoop. Use your hands to form it into a patty, laying them out on a parchment-lined baking sheet as you go.
How to freeze salmon cakes:
Cover the cakes with plastic wrap right on the baking sheet, and place it in the freezer. Then after they’re frozen, remove each one individually and wrap with plastic wrap.
Place them all in a freezer bag and save for another day. (Note: Defrost the cakes in the fridge before cooking.)
How to make baked salmon patties:
Bake salmon patties in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes, and then broil them for 1-3 minutes to give them a golden color.
How to fry salmon cakes:
Fry in a hot non-stick pan with olive oil over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes per side. Let them get crispy and golden on the first side, usually around 3 minutes, then flip for 2-3 more depending on their color.
These tasty low carb salmon patties are so versatile! Use them for meal prep, on salads, in a low-carb wrap, or go crazy and put them on a (high fiber, low carb) bun!
Or just top them with a tasty Sriracha lemon garlic aioli and call it dinner!!
And did we mention they are certainly keto friendly, so you could consider them keto salmon patties, too! Enjoy!
Low Carb Salmon Patties
Low Carb Salmon Patties - so easy to whip up
and they are perfect for meal prepping, freezing, or just feeding the whole family something nourishing!
- 1½ pounds salmon filet
- ½ large onion
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup Dijon
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoon salt and pepper, plus more to season salmon filet before baking
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Place fresh salmon filet on a parchment-lined baking sheet and season it with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes, then cool salmon completely on the kitchen counter.
- While the salmon is cooking make the aioli by combining all ingredients and whisking thoroughly.
- Chop half a large yellow onion and sauté until it’s soft and translucent, about 6 minutes. Set it aside to cool.
- Place cooked salmon in a large mixing bowl (discard any excess liquid off the fish if there is any).
- Now flake the salmon into small pieces with a fork. Add almond meal, parsley, cooked onion, Dijon, eggs, and lemon juice, then mix really well.
- Using a 1/3 cup dry measuring cup, scoop and pack the fish mixture. Turn the cake out into your hand, flatten slightly, and form it into a patty. Lay them out on a parchment-lined baking sheet as you make them.
- Heat olive oil in a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, then fry cakes for 2-3 minutes a side. Try to get them crispy and golden on the first side before you flip them. To bake instead, bake salmon patties in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes and then broil them (on the middle rack) for 1-3 minutes to give them a golden color. (Be sure to watch them so they do not burn.)
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 203Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 79mgSodium 342mgCarbohydrates 3gNet Carbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 19g
This nutrition card uses an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. This estimate is not a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice!
Our latest low carb recipes…
- Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Low Carb Cabbage Roll Soup (Gluten Free)
- Low Carb Grilled Chili Lime Gulf Shrimp
- Low Carb Broccoli Ranch Chicken Casserole
- Low Carb Parmesan Turkey Meatballs (Gluten Free)