These Mini Salmon Cakes are the perfect protein packed appetizer – loaded with flavorful parsley, onion, & lemon, and served with a zippy Sriracha Lemon Aioli.
We absolutely love salmon! These low carb salmon patties have been a huge favorite, and we thought we should make an appetizer version as well!
Whenever possible we prefer to use wild-caught salmon, but we’ll consume a modest amount of farm-raised as well. Surprisingly, we have found that our local Costco is one of the most reliable providers of salmon. They usually sell nice two or three-pound pieces that are just perfect for this recipe.
Speaking of which…
How to make low carb mini salmon cakes:
- Preheat oven, then rinse and pat dry the salmon filet.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Roast until cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool flake or separate the salmon into small pieces, and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add onions, almond meal, parsley, mayo, mustard, egg, & lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, then mix gently.
- Using a 1½-inch scoop form the mixture into balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, just until they start to crisp and become golden
How to make sriracha aioli:
This dipping sauce is incredibly easy to make!!
- Add mayo, sriracha, lemon, minced garlic, and salt & pepper in a small bowl.
- Whisk together until texture is smooth.
- Add more sriracha as desired, if you’d like more heat.
These salmon cakes are not only great for entertaining, but they’re perfect for meal-prep or freezing!
Low Carb Mini Salmon Cakes
Mini Salmon Cakes with Sriracha Lemon Aioli Recipe: protein packed appetizer loaded w/parsley, onion, & lemon.
For the salmon cakes:
- 2 pounds salmon fillet
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 large onion, diced, sautéed
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 large egg (or 2 egg whites), lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
For the sriracha lemon aioli:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt if you prefer)
- 4 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For The Salmon Cakes:
- Preheat oven to 400. Rinse and pat dry the salmon, then place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Roast until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes then using forks flake or separate the salmon into small pieces.
- Place salmon in a large bowl. Add onions, breadcrumbs, parsley, mayo, mustard, egg, & lemon juice. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, then mix gently.
- Using a 1 1/2 inch scoop (or your hands), form the mixture into balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- If you are freezing the salmon cakes, leave them on the baking sheet and place them in the freezer. Once firm, store them in a resealable freezer bag until needed.
- To finish the cakes, bake on 400 for about 15-20 minutes, just until they start to crisp and become golden.
For the Sriracha Lemon Aioli:
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl, and whisk thoroughly.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
Nutrition InformationYield 20 Serving Size 1 salmon cake
Amount Per Serving Calories 191Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 42mgSodium 815mgCarbohydrates 3gNet Carbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 12g
This nutrition card uses an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. This estimate is not a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice!
More low carb appetizers…
- Low Carb Garlic Parmesan Wings (Instant Pot)
- Low Carb Spinach Artichoke Dip (Instant Pot)
- Low Carb French Onion Chicken Meatballs
- Low Carb Baked Brie with Bacon and Caramelized Onions
- Low Carb Buffalo Cauliflower with Blue Cheese Sauce