This Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Buffalo Chicken is a cheesy keto, low-carb version of the classic buffalo chicken. It’s easy to make in the instant pot, and SO delicious!
When we publish Instant Pot recipes, we try to take advantage of the faster cooking speeds of an IP. And this recipe is a brilliant example of “speeding things up” with the miracle pot!
This low carb, keto friendly chicken meal makes absolute genius use of the Instant Pot: not only does it cook spaghetti squash faster, but the squash is on a platform trivet and the buffalo chicken is cooked at the same time right underneath it! Then the final combo is cooked on saute mode in the same IP. Just brilliant!!
We should also mention that it only requires 6 ingredients! So simple!!
It’s not only efficient, it’s incredibly delicious – it’s just exploding with flavor. A-mazing.
Instant Pot Squash!
This Instant Pot method yields perfectly stringy, tender spaghetti squash in a fraction of the usual time! Aside from this buffalo chicken spaghetti squash, cooking it like this makes it perfect for marinara, pesto, alfredo sauce, and so much more.
If you were to just cook the squash by itself, set the IP to 15 minutes High Pressure and then manually release pressure when done.
How to make instant pot spaghetti squash buffalo chicken…
(See the full details in the recipe card that follows).
- Add chicken stock, garlic powder, and hot sauce (Like Frank’s Red Hot) to the IP along with boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Top with more hot sauce and submerge the chicken into the liquid.
- Place a 2-inch high stainless steel wire rack or egg rack into the pot. It will sit above the chicken but leave enough room for the whole squash in the IP. Make slits in the squash with a very sharp paring knife, place it on the rack, seal up the instant pot, and set to pressure cook on high for 16 minutes.
- Once the pot is done pressure cooking, manually release pressure, then open the lid and use some pot holders to remove the squash.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate, and shred it with two forks after it’s cooled for 5 minutes. Turn the Instant Pot to “Saute” mode, and saute the liquid remaining in the IP. Add cream cheese and continue cooking until melted, then add the shredded chicken back to the Instant Pot.
- Cut the cooked spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, spoon out the seeds and membrane, and use a fork to “shred” it into spaghetti.
- Then load up the spaghetti squash with buffalo chicken, garnish with any combination of green onions, crumbled blue cheese, shredded cheddar, jalapeños and more Frank’s Red Hot sauce!!
We know you will enjoy this buffalo chicken instant pot style!
- 1 cup low sodium chicken stock
- ½ cup Frank's Red Hot original sauce
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 2½ pounds spaghetti squash
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Garnish with chopped green onion, chopped jalapeño, crumbled blue cheese or shredded cheddar cheese and more hot sauce if desired.
- Add chicken stock, garlic powder, and hot sauce to the Instant Pot and give it a quick stir. Then add boneless, skinless chicken breast. Add another ¼ cup of hot sauce and press the chicken into the liquid.
- Use a small paring knife to make 12-15 slits in the squash. Place a stainless steel wire rack or egg rack into the pot (the rack should be about 2 inches tall so it sits above the chicken, but be short enough to allow you to fit a whole squash in the pot). Place squash on the rack in the IP.
- Seal the lid, and set the pot to pressure cook high for 16 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done cooking, release the steam by moving the top pressure valve to "Venting." After steam has fully released, open the Instant Pot and remove squash with pot holders. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken breasts and place them on a plate. Leave the cooking liquid in the Instant Pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot setting to saute, and saute the liquid for 6-8 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and cook for 2-4 more minutes, or until the cream cheese is melted and has reached your desired creamy consistency. (If the cheese mixture gets too thick just add a little more chicken stock.) Use two forks to shred the chicken and add back to the Instant Pot.
- Cut the squash in half, spoon out the seeds and membrane, and use a fork to "shred" into spaghetti. Top with buffalo chicken.
- Garnish with your preference of chopped green onion, crumbled blue cheese or shredded cheddar cheese, chopped jalapeño and more Frank's Red Hot.
- If you prefer you can remove the spaghetti squash from its shell and serve on plates.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 4-6 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 487Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 175mgSodium 1062mgCarbohydrates 11gNet Carbohydrates 9gFiber 2gSugar 8gProtein 54g
This nutrition card uses an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. This estimate is not a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice!
More Low Carb Instant Pot Recipes…
- Low Carb Garlic Parmesan Wings (Instant Pot)
- Low Carb Instant Pot Mexican Chicken
- Low Carb Pork Carnitas (Instant Pot)
- Low Carb Spinach Artichoke Dip (Instant Pot)
- Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Buffalo Chicken