Roasted cauliflower like you’ve never tasted it before! Hearty cauliflower steaks with the salty sweet cheesy flavors of Asiago and golden raisins.
Inspired by one of our many favorite Italian restaurants in Boston, not only is this veggie side dish mind-blowingly delicious but it’s also super easy.
This crunchy cauliflower recipe is a delicious side dish that takes no time at all to prep. And it’s perfect for low carb and keto diets (sorry keto peeps, you’ll have to eliminate the golden raisins).
Are there carbs in cauliflower?
Cauliflower is actually quite similar to broccoli in that it has a very reasonable 1.5 net carbs per half cup. It’s higher in fiber and protein than many vegetables, and it’s somewhat bland flavor means you can adapt it to whatever you’re cooking.
Like this cheesy, salty, roasted cauliflower:
How to make roasted cauliflower
- Microwave golden raisins in a small bowl of water for about 30 seconds… then set aside.
- Core the cauliflower and slice into ½-inch thick cauliflower slices.
- Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Carefully turn over each cauliflower steak, and coat each slice with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast for 10 minutes, gently flip each piece, then sprinkle the golden raisins and the sliced garlic onto the cauliflower. (**Omit the golden raisins if you are on a serious keto meal plan!)
- Bake for 8 more minutes, sprinkle Asiago cheese directly on the cauliflower steaks.
- Bake for 1 more minute and serve warm!
This easy Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower Recipe is one of our favorite ways to cook baked cauliflower!
Simple, yet delicious! This easy Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower is the perfect side dish to just about any protein.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 1/3 cup rounded, of Asiago Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F with the rack in the center.
- Place the golden raisins in a small bowl with just enough water to cover them. Heat them in the microwave for 30 seconds and let them sit on the counter.
- Core the cauliflower and slice in ½ inch thick cauliflower steaks. Transfer to the baking sheet lined completely with parchment, drizzle with several tablespoons of olive oil and sprinkle on the salt and pepper. Be careful to not break the slices, turn each slice of cauliflower over – making sure each slice has olive oil and salt and pepper on both sides.
- Roast cauliflower in the oven for 10 minutes, gently turn over each slice with a spatula, and then sprinkle the golden raisins and the sliced garlic onto the pan. Be sure to keep them on the cauliflower or on the parchment paper, or they will burn.
- Bake for 8 more minutes. pull the cauliflower out and sprinkle with the Asiago cheese - focus on placing the cheese directly on the cauliflower.
- Bake for 1 more minute. Serve while warm - enjoy!
For keto version of this recipe you will need to omit the golden raisins!
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 4-6 ounces
Amount Per Serving Calories 143Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 3mgSodium 608mgCarbohydrates 10gNet Carbohydrates 7gFiber 3gSugar 6gProtein 4g
This nutrition card uses an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. This estimate is not a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice!
More low carb side dish recipes…
- Low Carb Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
- Low Carb Roasted Cauliflower
- Low Carb Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan and Garlic
- Low Carb Buffalo Cauliflower with Blue Cheese Sauce
- Low Carb Cauliflower Mash (Keto)